BOC: Champions of Cult Rock Classic

Mon Dec 9 16:26:14 EST 1996

>The logic of laziness, I'd hazard, not to mention the logic of not >giving a fl
ying one about the product...

Which, considering the fact that this band needs as much fan support as
it can get these days, is without logic in and of itself . . .

>Another more greedy answer: If you were a newborn convert to BOC and
knew the original lineup had split by seeing them live or something like
that, would you rather by a "best of" compilation that had the original
lineup supposedly on it (which the cover seemed to indicate), or a cd
that had just the three guys from the original band with two stand ins?
I'd say the former.

Maybe - but, I suspect that a BOC fan who would recognize the Bouchard
brothers from a photograph would also know that they aren't in the band.
I could be wrong about that, but ...  Also, if someone did think that
the Bouchards played on the album, yet they knew that they weren't in the
band, then the person would probably assume that this was just a compilation
of previously recorded material and not buy it (Note that what CC has
going for it as a compilation is that the versions have been re-recorded.
Unfortunately, that is also at times what it has going against it).

John