BOC: Guitarists and Spectres

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Tue Dec 10 08:12:34 EST 1996

Mirrors yup, Let Go definitely. I'd agree with m@ about TC though.

M@ follows -

> Debbie Denise is AOF's comic relief.  It's the crypt-keeper giving his bad
> pun ending to the story in the horror comic.  It backs the listener away
> from The Edge (maybe a bit too far) before the album ends.  It's a "Yeah,
> well, we were just kidding, anyway..." song.

Whereas Spectres has none of that, and remains better off IMHO. Apart from the
tongue-in-cheek humour of Godzilla & the lite-rock ditty  GTtM, its a contains
a bunch of songs epic in scope and supremely eldritch in tone. There's
no smiley at the end of the statement it makes - guess that appeals to me more.

cheers,

Tim