OFF: Travellers & Thrud was Re: OFF: Elric and OJ

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Tue Dec 10 08:24:37 EST 1996

> Thrud the Barbarian is excellent material, I highly recommend it.  I picked
> up
> a graphic novel (collection of appearances in White Dwarf (ironic,
> considering
> the attempt of this thread to avoid 'Warhammeresque')) recently, people
> always
> keep borrowing it...
>
> This could well be the one I had. Does it feature the mad evil sorcerer
> Tomi Kupah , and one section where Thrud is disguised as an old Woman?

That was an excellent story. Back in the days when White Dwarf was a decent
gaming mag covering all the main RPGs, before it turned into the hideous
'only all things Games Workshop, Warhammer - yawn, Warhammer 40k - yawn' rag.

I generally prefered the other WD strip of the time 'Travellers' - similar in
vein, but a piss take of Star Wars, Alien etc mixed in with the Traveller RPG
Did that ever make it into a graphic novels too ?

Tim