BOC: AoF & Spectres

Andrew Gilham Andy_Gilham at MSN.COM
Tue Dec 10 08:51:01 EST 1996

>"Tattoo Vampire"
>A personal favorite.  Good mix of the heavy and sinister.

This was a huge Emma Bar jukebox favourite, way back in the seventies when
atomic test- I mean, when I was a student - as the b-side of "Reaper".  I
think it got played more than "Reaper", in fact...  Just like "7 by 7" may
have got more plays than "Silver Machine" - hey, there's a 7-7-7 for you
collectors of such things...  anyway, where were we?

>"Fireworks"
>Nothing much here, not even an "ick".

Come off it!  Best thing on the album!

>"I Love the Night"
>Like "Reaper", one of the best.  Could have been a little better,
>perhaps, if slightly heavier.

I used to like this, and "Nosferatu", a whole lot, but maybe it's just that
what with Anne Rice and all her clones, vampires are now about as cool and
interesting as dragons or unicorns.  Actually, I'm not sure that either of
these two albums have stood the test of time as well as _Tyranny and
Mutation_, the album I now regard as BOC's best.

- Andy