HW: Elric and OJ

Max Wilcox s333271 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Wed Dec 11 09:32:21 EST 1996

William Duffy wrote:

> Andrew Gilham wrote:
> >
> > That's "Yyrkoon" :)  Pronounced "YER-coon" by MM on the "Elric at the BBC"
> > tape.  Easy to remember, because it's another variant on Jerry Cornelius -
> > "Jer-Corn"...
> >

> Just how many variants are there? Apart from all the obvious ones such
> as Elric, Erekose, etc., etc..
>
> William
>
> PS Like Doctor Who, Robin Hood and James Bond, it appears The Eternal
> Champion is a Time Lord with regenerative powers!

        Jeeze, god knows... In an infinite number of alternate universes, I
guess there would be an infinite number of champions. Moorcock certainly
gives the impression that there are quite a few. He mentions many that
he hasn't written about. I guess that every society has a champion,
though the champion is not necessaraly the central character of all of
his books. I seem to remember there being some kind of confusion between
wether Una Persson or Jerry were the champion.

-Max Wilcox