HW: Griffin WotEoT wierdness

Chris Baxley Chris_Baxley at SONYMUSIC.COM
Wed Dec 11 15:59:22 EST 1996

  Joe wrote:
  >>A couple of months ago, I got the Griffin _Warrior on the Edge of Time_
  >CD for Kollector's sake, but already having the Dojo version, I didn't
  >bother to listen to it until last night.  I don't know what the heck is
  >on it, but it sure ain't Hawkwind!  Has this happened to anyone else?
  >>
  >>Also, I got it by mail-order, and it's probably too late and too much
  >trouble to try to explain what happened and return it.  Does anyone know
  >if Griffin will exchange it?
  >>
  >>--
  >>                                Mike

  >You seem to have a copy of the Pendragon's "The World"

  It cracks me up when this happens, as one of my jobs is to write software to
  prevent these sort of mixups from occurring
  (I am an engineer in a CD factory).  There is usually a Production Control
  Number on the inner hub of a disc, which is supposed to be
  unique for a given recording.  It might be interesting to compare these
  numbers between correct and incorrect discs.

  I have often thought how easy it would be to insert cool Flicknife-style
  messages on the inner hubs of discs, but it would likely get me in
  trouble!

  My favorite inner-hub message on vinyl is from a copy of Lubricated Goat's
  _Paddock of Love_ (on the Australian Black Eye label).
   It reads:
       "This is a REAL satanic message: the reader of this shall perish!"

  Cheers,
       Chris