BOC: Mirrors - Can You Dance to It?

Alex S. Garcia artefact at IMAGINET.FR
Wed Dec 11 19:36:56 EST 1996

>Alex>-I'm sorry to differ, but songs like "Moon crazy", "Lonely
>teardrops" or the
>title track sound very disco-esque to me. What about those handclaps,
>especially on "You're not the one (I was looking for)" ? Too much
>synths,
>too, IMO.-
>
>OK I see your point but I surmise that none of this stuff is danceable
>when compared to... I dunno...Queen+s Hot Space album  (we did a lot of
>dancing to this one).  Differences of opinion really but disco has one
>sound, funk another, and if BOC ever showed any dancing inclinations it
>is definitely on the funky side.

Yeah, I guess the stuff on Mirrors isn't danceable, but that's because it's
still BOC and it's still rock. It's not as if they had tried to make it real
disco. My feeling is that they (or rather "he", since we're probably talking
about Werman here) just wanted to make it sound a little like what was on
the market at the time, in hope, maybe, that it would help sales.
        As for it sounding funky, I dunno, never thought of that actually.
I'll have to give the album another listen and check that out... hmm...

Alex S. Garcia.

Become a Patternwalker ! Visit Corwin's Pattern...
  http://members.tripod.com/~Mandor/
  (with links to the Icarus Encyclopedia, Artefact, Rock In Progress,
  Slash and more to come...)