BOC: AOL Chat

Thu Dec 12 09:26:41 EST 1996

Alex:

You are probably overblowing this whole BOC-L/AOL thing.  While some
here *may* have negative opinions about AOL or some of it's members
(and that is pure speculation on my part), I don't believe anyone
here has a problem with the fact that you are on AOL and participate
in BOC activity there.  Likewise, I thought it pertinent to point out
to the BOC-L folks that the same appears to hold true on AOL as far
as us BOC-L folks are concerned.  My comments about and AOL person
saying some of us on BOC-L kiss Al and Deb's butts was made by one
individual - and I thought the statement was incorrect.  That statement,
and my reaction hear on BOC-L to it, should NOT be taken to mean
that there still is major bad blood between the two groups.  Most
of it was more perception than reality in the first place.  Of course
there were isolated incidents (Bolle's recent comment, and around 2
years ago Eric described us as being "negative"), but for the most
part I think there is no problem - which again was the point I was
trying to get across here by saying no-one flamed any BOC-L discussion
on the AOL chat.

John