BOC: Mirrors - Can You Dance to It?

Alex S. Garcia artefact at IMAGINET.FR
Thu Dec 12 12:44:01 EST 1996

>Perhaps if there was one good single
>from CE (I think "Divine Wind" could have been a hit here in the U.S.),
>it would've sold better?  I mean, "The Marshall Plan" is sort of a neat
>song in some ways, but never seemed to me like a hit single.

"The Marshall Plan" was released as a single ? I don't really know much
about which songs were released as singles (is there a list somewhere ? I
don't remember seeing it on the FAQ, though it's been a while since I last
checked it...). This song, though, does have some nice qualities to it, and
it, uh, SOUNDS like a potential hit single (I guess mostly because of the
lyrics), but indeed it does not really qualify, IMHO. It's too complex,
musically speaking, and maybe too long ? I dunno. Just doesn't seem right.

>"Monsters"
>is probably my favorite track on the album, but I don't think it would
>have been well-received by the general population as well.  Same for
>"Black Blade" and "Lips in the Hills".  Maybe "Unknown Tongue", although
>that was probably too controversial for 1980 radio.

I agree on all the above, except maybe "Lips in the hills". "Unknown tongue"
is one of my favorites on this album and, I think, it would have been great
as a single. But, as you say, the lyrics... a pity, cause they're fabulous !

Alex S. Garcia.

Become a Patternwalker ! Visit Corwin's Pattern...
  http://members.tripod.com/~Mandor/
  (with links to the Icarus Encyclopedia, Artefact, Rock In Progress,
  Slash and more to come...)