BOC: An Experiement

Alex S. Garcia artefact at IMAGINET.FR
Thu Dec 12 12:43:59 EST 1996

>Dominance and Submission - "Duh I don+t get it?  What+s he talking
>about?"

*LOL* Aren't you ashamed of having your niece listen to stuff like that ?
;-) Aren't BOC albums rated R or something ? *grin*

>Alex>" As for it sounding funky, I dunno, never thought of that
>actually.
>I'll have to give the album another listen and check that out... hmm..."
>
>Ooops my bad.  Wasn+t insinuating Mirrors was funky or even all BOC
>music.  Certain songs have elements of funk and jazz, maybe its just me
>but its what I pick up.  Some of the songs you+ll find this funky/jazzy
>mix in (my opinion at least) are Vera, D&S and Monsters, to name a few.
>Monsters really has a lot of good swings in it, especially when the Sax
>comes in.

Ah yes, I totally agree about "Monsters" - though I'd say it sounds a little
more jazzy then funky to me (especially the sax part). Don't know about Vera
and D&S, though, I'll have to check them again.

>Now I am also of the opinion that funky manifestations that
>occasionally appear in BOC songs is the fault of one man, Al Bouchard.
>Yep I blame big Al for this 8^).  Need proof, check out tBS+ Soul Jive.

Yeah, I did also notice funky influences on some tBS material. You're
probably right about Al. We got you unmasked Al, haven't we ? ;-)

>I am curious though by what they
>mean March 97.  Does that mean it will be available in the US 3/97 or
>available in Europe only?

That's a question I'd also been asking myself. Though if it came out in
Europe first, I wouldn't complain. And that would be a nice change for once !

Alex S. Garcia.

Become a Patternwalker ! Visit Corwin's Pattern...
  http://members.tripod.com/~Mandor/
  (with links to the Icarus Encyclopedia, Artefact, Rock In Progress,
  Slash and more to come...)