BOC: 777 was: Re: BOC, tBS: (Imaginos) Overture, sevens...

dench M.G.Dench at BTON.AC.UK
Fri Dec 13 03:42:12 EST 1996

The number 777 was regarded by the ancient Greeks as being the most
perfect number, 666 being the most imperfect number.  They used letters as
numbers in those days, so people's names could be significant!  The number
666 in the Book of Revelations, by the way, does not refer to the Devil,
but to the name of a Roman governor who particularly persecuted Christians
during the reign of Nero in the Middle East.  Obviously all those
researchers for films like Omen did not do their homework properly!!!

Martin