BOC: AoF & Spectres -Reply

M R Godwin hssmrg at BATH.AC.UK
Fri Dec 13 06:54:22 EST 1996

On Wed, 11 Dec 1996, TRANSMANIACON MC wrote:
> >>"Goin' through the Motions"
> >>This I agree with whole-heartedly. Too much late 70's pop to be a BOC
> >>song. It's the kind of song your sister would like - ACK! -. All that clapping
> >>makes me ill.

Too true! It's not even good 70s pop - if they had managed to come up with
something as good as "More than a feeling" or "Bette Davis' Eyes" it would
have sold.

>         If so many of us are against the hand clapping, how do you feel about
> the "heys" in Astronomy, especially the Imaginos version?  I've learned to
> tune them out somewhat, but when I first heard the song (Imaginos version) it
> bothered me to no end!

Yes, they are dreadful. I had assumed that I didn't like them because they
were so different from Secret Treaties, but in view of the fact that:

> I didn't hear the ST, SEE, and CC versions until later,

they obviously stand out as a mistake even if you haven't heard a decent
version first!

- Mike Godwin