OFF:Moorcock

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Fri Dec 13 08:21:13 EST 1996

Mike Parkington writes:

> There have been a lot of references regarding Moorcock's books recently.
>
> For those who are only familiar with the Sword and sorcery ones (which are a good read IMO) I would strongly recommend that you also read:
>
> The Blood Red Game (first MM book I ever read and brilliant)
> Warlord of the air trilogy
> Gloriana
> Behold the Man (as AA says though, Christians may find this highly offensive)

also The Ice Schooner - which contains one of his best heroes.   Much
more of a positive character than many of Moorcock's other heroes - his
decisions, however flawed, are made by him and not enforced by some
mysterious higher fate.   The Ice Schooner hero is actually one of the
few Moorcock characters (oops - do I talk sacrilige here?) that I've
ever felt genuine sympathy for.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk