OFF:Moorcock

dave cohen lapis at POBOX.UPENN.EDU
Sat Dec 14 18:48:59 EST 1996

        in addition to those titles alreaady mentioned there is the
        "second ether" trilogy:
        --Blood
        --Fabulous Harbours
        --The War Amongst The Angels

        only Blood is in print in the US alas.  this trilogy,
        which deals with more Von Beks, and Beggs and somber albinos
        ties together a great many of the threads Moorcock has been
        exploring over the years and are most dfinitely worth a
        read. probably my favorite Fantasy from him. (tho Mother London
        is still first over all i think...)

        BTW no one has a tape of Moorcock and the Deep Fix from
        Nik Turners Bohemian Love-In, 1976??

        oh well, doesn't hurt to try!

        and didn't someone mention that Turner was going to release
        a record with 3-4 Moorcock inspired songs?

        --dave

> Mike Parkington writes:
>
> > There have been a lot of references regarding Moorcock's books recently.
> >
> > For those who are only familiar with the Sword and sorcery ones (which are a good read IMO) I would strongly recommend that you also read:
> >
> > The Blood Red Game (first MM book I ever read and brilliant)
> > Warlord of the air trilogy
> > Gloriana
> > Behold the Man (as AA says though, Christians may find this highly offensive)
>
> also The Ice Schooner - which contains one of his best heroes.   Much
> more of a positive character than many of Moorcock's other heroes - his
> decisions, however flawed, are made by him and not enforced by some
> mysterious higher fate.   The Ice Schooner hero is actually one of the
> few Moorcock characters (oops - do I talk sacrilige here?) that I've
> ever felt genuine sympathy for.
>
> jill

> J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
>                                                 ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk