HW: Francis Bacon?

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Mon Dec 16 10:44:24 EST 1996

> I dunno about that one. Could be a stretch. Distinctive, but maybe it is an
> established phrase...
> That reminds me, I was reading Burroughs' "Nova Express" the other day, and
> in the beginning it mentioned (along w/the orgones/Reich, as already
> mentioned) Hassan I Sabha. So there's another HW/Burrough's connection...I
> don't think anyone mentioned that one yet. Calvert may have
> picked all this stuff
> up from reading Burroughs...
>
> Chuck

I heard an interview with Calvert on an Australian radio station many,
many years ago (for all you Australians, it was called DoubleJ at the
time). In the interview he spoke of the meaning of the title Hassan I
Sabha. I don't remember the exact details, but he said something about
it being old slang for assassin.
Although it is possible he found it in Burroughs, it is also an
established phrase in some parts of the world.

William

PS I wonder if copies of that interview exist in the vaults of TripleJ.