HW

Antony & Debbie debony at CYBERCOM.NET
Mon Dec 16 11:34:39 EST 1996

On Sun, 15 Dec 1996, Cliff & Pam Wheaton wrote:

> skarsol wrote:
> >
> > Cliff & Pam Wheaton wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > a question-is there an HW chat room on the irc? If so,  where to go
> > > please?
> > > Thanx in advance!
> > > Pam
> >
> > i dont know of one,but when i was on aol,i made one once. it had maybe 5
> > members within 20 minutes.most of whom remembered hw from days gone by,
> > and were amazed to hear they were still around.
> > i think two of the people only knew hw as "lemmy's old band."
> > the thing is,hw tour so infrequently,now and in the past,and the
> > promotion has been so pathetic,that hw are really only known by two or
> > three types of fans.the ones who were 'inducted',and the ones who
> > discovered them thru literary connections.
> > i made a hawkwind chatroom on a pub irc once,and the only bites i got
> > were people wondering what the heck a hawkwind was....
> > rj
> Good point-I guess I was inducted. Hafta admit-I really would havemissed
> out had my friend not loaned me the music!!
> Thank you tho!
> Pam
> --
>                  Pam Wheaton                    Cliff  Wheaton
>             _____/----^---\____       The greatest tool for  world peace
>           </__"Rockin Cabbie"__\o              “THE INTERNET”
>               0             0            E-mail:
> cwheaton at micron.net
> URL:http://netnow.micron.net/~cwheaton

for some reason i thought i'd reply to this one and tell yas all how i
discovered hw: it was a dark stormy night i remember, and i'd been
previously examining my brothers record collection. i had discovered
woteot there (it turned out it wasn't even his). that night i popped it on
my turntable and settled back to bed with the lights out.. well to say the
least the album spooked me the first time i heard it! all those clashing
cymbals in 'the wizard blew his horn' and all.. it took me a few more
listens to get into it, and a few months later i discovered the collection
on cd at a cd library i later joined.. from then on it was hw hw hw!
collecting :P

wal

Peacenik & Dreamflower   `For every flower given, another grows inside.'
PeacePie Paradise:             http://www.cybercom.net/~debony

  "To wonder at something is to be aware of a wonder."  -- M.C. Escher