HW/OFF: Solstice in Stonehenge

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Dec 16 05:53:38 EST 1996

In message <32B492B5.5BD at hermitage.ru>, Yuri Elik <uriah at HERMITAGE.RU>
writes
>Hi folks,
>
>I have a nice video tape with HW in Stonehenge in 1984 (that's the HW
>connection ;), but what I'd like to know is about the festival itself
>and the story how it was banned. Maybe someone here remembers these
>events, or maybe someone knows some place in the web where I can read
>about it?
>
>Yuri
It's a very long story. That night was apart from the birth of my kids,
the greatest night of my life, so far. Being in retail, though, I've
little spare time at the moment, maybe over the holidays. There is a
separate video, called Operation Solstice, available fromn Hawkfrendz
all about the festival and the illegal destruction of the Convoy, and
the civil action case, the longest in British legal history, that it
gave rise to.
BTW I donated a hundred quid to the making of this film. I think that
probably the largest charitable donation *I* ever made. <g>
--
Jon Browne