OFF: Daniel's "Gift"

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Mon Dec 16 23:39:36 EST 1996

On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, Imaginos wrote:

> Please don't sent a complete executable PC file to the entire mailing
> list! What a waste of space. Would you like to tell me how to run it on
> my Mac? My UNIX box?

You mean someone is actually going to be daft enough to run a completely
unknown e-mailed .EXE file on their PC anyway?!?!?  (Can anyone say
"virus-laden trojan horse?";)

I agree, Grant.  Sending an off-topic 400K+ attachment to a mailing list
is a pretty brain-dead idea.  I guess Christmas does funny things to
people...

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Daevid Allen and Kramer, _Who's Afraid?_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.