a couple o' Q

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Tue Dec 17 02:56:45 EST 1996

On 16-DEC-1996 13:33:37.6 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >Bryan Pitkin writes:
   >> A question in two parts:
   >> a) the live version of "Shouldn't do that" on "The best of the
   >Psychedelic > Warriors" Cleopatra and the "Silver Machine" comp.
   >> What is the date on that anyone?  Bernhard?
   >from the Codex:
   >(it looks like this version is an edited part of the encore that was
   >originally done after the Space Ritual Alive gigs.   Date circa 1973 but
   >maybe someone else remembers the exact venue?   London? Liverpool?)
   >*********************
   >You Shouldn't Do That
   >1     X In Search Of Space
   >1     25 Years On [Griffin 4-CD Set]
   >L  2     Weird 108 - Hawkwind 1966-73
   >L  2 a   In The Beginning
   >L  2 a   The Text Of Festival
   >L  3 *   The Text of Festival LP     {Sound Shouldn't Improvise}
   >L  3 *   The Text of Festival CD     {Improvise, Comprise, Reprise}
   >L  4     The Hawkwind Anthology Vol. II CD
   >L  4     Acid Daze Vol. III
   >L  4     The Hawkwind Anthology Vol. III LP
   >L  4     The Best and the Rest of Hawkwind
   >L  4     Night Riding
   >L  4     The Hawkwind Collection LP
   >L  4     Space Is Deep
   >L  4 a   Roadhawks
   >L  4 a   Stasis
   >L  4 a   (The Best of) Psychedelic Warlords
   >L  4 a   Silver Machine CD
   >L  4 a   Space Ritual Alive [remastered CD only]
   >L  4 b   Hawkwind Anthology triple CD box set [Castle Communications]
   >L  5 *   The Hawkwind Anthology Vol. II     {Watchfield Festival}
   >L  5 *   Acid Daze Vol. II                  {Watchfield Festival}
   >L  6     Rock City
   >L  7     The Business Trip {Do That}
   >L  8     Timeless Paens From The Ongoing Rituals of Space [bootleg CD]
   >*   Two versions of this on Text Of Festival
   >The CD track is misnamed for another track on the album.
   >*   2a is a cut of 2
   >*   On 4-4b You Shouldn't Do That formed the 1st half of a segue
   >with Seeing It As You Really Are as the encore to Space Ritual Aliv
   >*   4 is the complete version plus intro
   >*   4a is version 4 with a cut intro
   >*   4b is version 4 with no intro
   >*   The Watchfield festival track is a jam based on You Shouldn't
   >Do That
   >> b) I asked before when is Dave Brocks birthday anyway...I know Lemmy
   >will b e 51
   >> this christmas.   What about the other guys Ron, Richard, Alan?
   >Brian Tawn has mentioned the year somewhere, I could check this.   But
   >the exact date I don't know.
   >cheers
   >jill
   >J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
   >ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk

Wait, wait, wait. I was SO sure that the version on Silver Machine was a
different performance (though it is quite similar) than Roadhawks, et al.
. Are we absolutely
positive it's the same date??

Chuck
`[1;30;47mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive