BOTH: OFF: USofA ONLY:Media Play heads up!

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Tue Dec 17 10:00:52 EST 1996

(did I put enuff filtering keywords up there?) :-)

I read in today's paper where Media Play is shutting down about 90 stores across the US (two here in Atlanta) and the liquidation sales start today. I find that there is little in the way of HW/BOC material that I'm looking for, but there are boatloads of other stuff that might be of interest; books, video, s/w, etc. If you have one or two in your area, you might just want to check this out. (At least you might be able to get that Mantovani's Greatest Hits CD for Mom for Christmas at a good price!! -Santa Craig!)

Supposedly, next on the block is Incredible Universe (which just opened here last spring!), which also has a large CD section. IU is a division of Radio Shack, which has already put plans in motion to close their McDuff's (I think that's the name) electronic stores down; don't know if they stock CD's or not. Bargain hunters, take note!

Craig Shipley (now a proud employee of Siemens-Pyramid Information Systems Services, or SPISS. Obviously, nobody bothered checking the acronym out before making this decision :-\ ).