BOC: Covers & Opening Bands

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHL.COM
Tue Dec 17 16:39:00 EST 1996

Hmmm BOC going to do more geezer festivals this year huh.

> Hell, I don't care if it's the Bay City Rollers, long as I get to see
> BOC this year!
> theo

Hey I think I'd pay money to see this, but only if BCR was the opening
act.  Call it the "Wrong Way and the Right Way to Rock Tour"  Hey save
those rocks I was only kidding.

Manuel>

>Gentlemen;

>I was recently on Foghat's home page and here's what is planned for 1997.
>Four bands on the bill; B.O.C., Foghat, Steppenwolf, and Pat travers!!!

Not a bad lineup for a festival.

>I don't know who will headline or if that slot will rotate from show to
>show.  BOC will have the new disc out in March, and Foghat will be relea-
>sing Foghat Live II in the Spring as well.  The tour is scheduled to begin
>in March or April.

Hopefully each will receive equal treatment on the lenght of the set.
What's the point of playing five songs with no encore which if I'm not
mistaken happened to them last summer.  A live Album from Foghat?  That
should be interesting.  The first one was quite good.

>BTW, what's so bad about Pat Travers? I'm an old Travers fan from way back.
>A dark and sinister version of Pat's "I'd rather see you Dead", complete
>with eerie undertones and a spooky beat would make a great BOC cover BTW.
>Moo Hoo Ha ha ha ha ha..........

Would sound pretty good.  Heck do any cover as long as you begin with a
good song.

I wonder if Kiss gave any thought to BOC opening for them on their
nostalgia tour.  Supposedly the other men in black considered newer
bands like Stone Temple Pilots and King's X (Paul Stanley is a major
fan, though no KX fan could imagine this combo).  That would have been
fairly cool.  Ace F. probably nixed this idea, if it ever came up.
Can't have Buck outplaying him yet agian. 8^).  If the oysters ever made
it mega big again what current band would fit as an opener?

lil ab

"Someday we'll live amongst the stars and maybe on a ranch on Mars."

ob CD - Galactic Cowboys Feel The Rage EP - Mindblowing cover of Kiss' I
want You, second only to Pink Cream 69's version of Detroit Rock City.