HW:Live recordings

Bernhard Pospiech bernhard.pospiech at GELSENKIRCHEN.NETSURF.DE
Tue Dec 24 04:05:41 EST 1996

At 22:36 23.12.96 +0800, you wrote:
>I have a few questions which maybe Bernhard is probably the best
>qualified to answer.
>
>1) Some of the live recordings that have been officially released do not
>list where or when exactly they come from. I speak particularly of
>tracks such as Kings of Speed (Hawkwind Zoo) and many others too
>numerous to mention, such as the PXR5 tracks. Is it possible to compile
>a list of these recordings???

I suppose that the KOS version from HZ isn't a live one!!!
The only live appereance of this song was Nov/Dec 1989

Now to the live versions from PXR5:
AFAIK they are NOT from LONDON 77 and LEICESTER 77 (or they are extremely
remixed) because I have both audience live tapes and couldn't find a
correspondence

The ROBOT version from F&R seems to be different version to the Stonehenge
1977 (Weird tape) and PXR5 but I am not 100% sure

>2) Is the bootleg St. Albans CD of similar quality to the audio tapes???

There exist much better qualities on live tapes. I had 2 live tapes from 2
different sources and I must say that both tapes have better quality than
the boot CD. The tape I have now is a mixing desk tape but lost some
quality during the times

It must have been a mad brain who made this CD :-(((

Bernhard