HW: The REAL Hawks

Troy Harris tlh at RUBENS.ITS.UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Sat Dec 28 02:49:22 EST 1996

On Fri, 27 Dec 1996, Jon Browne wrote:

> In message <Pine.PMDF.3.95.961226011011.539026887A-100000 at rubens.its.uni
> melb.edu.au>, Troy Harris <tlh at RUBENS.ITS.UNIMELB.EDU.AU> writes
> > I agree Max baby.
> >
> >   Troy
>
> I'm not going to get drawn on this because I've seen the carnage it
> creates (but RJ's right actually)  :))

  ACTUALLY......:)

  Of course there is only ONE HW.  It is the one one that DB runs.  Nik
just has a good grasp (at the moment) of the earlier HW sound, that is
all.  He has more early HW members, too.  Great stuff.  The issue really,
for me, revolves around what kind of mood I am in the morning.  If I feel
like Alien4, synth and bass stuff, then Brocky's boys do the job.  If I
feel like a fuller
classic sound, then Nik is cool.
  It is kinda funny in a way, that past mebers seem to create solo
projects that encapsulate eras of the HW sound.  Alan Davey's solo project
is typical (IMO) comtemporary HW, and Nik is classic HW.  As for Calvert,
well he speaks of an era as well.  HLL stuff is like listening to the
stuff he did while with HW.  I haven't heard much from any other past
members but it would sure take my interest.

  I love both Nik and HW. (and of course HLL).  I am currently a lot more
crazy about "Past or Future" than any other related stuuf, and I just
bought Anubian lights and I can't figure out if I like it or not.  I like
Alien4, but I am in no hurry to get LiS, but I would get the vid.  (Hey,
but I might just get LiS tomorrow too!).

  Troy

ObCD- Jerusalem, Volym Tre.