HW: The REAL Hawks

RJ SPRAWL at STARLINX.COM
Sat Dec 28 22:15:14 EST 1996

>         This seems to encapsulate everything I was (trying to) say. I
guess
> it's just that when you get into the kind of discusion that is purely
> based on personal values you can go on ad infinitum. I guess, to
> condense my whole side of the discussion down into a sentence - "At the
> moment I feel that Nik's "Past or Future" contains, what is for me a
> musical essence that is closest to what I believe to be Hawkwind's
> "classic" soind".
>         It took a while to get there, but I did it finaly....

well damn! ; )
i might have given the same answer had the question been phrased as
such.....
like- which "version" of hawkwind has recently released the most true to
form
piece of material. i might have said nik's to that.
i am sorry that i misunderstood your point. it was my impression that
basically,if ya had to choose one and only one,which would it be. and for
two reasons,i would choose brockwind in that circumstance.
1. choosing nik would be to choose the fruit tree past its prime. little
production to be expected.
2. i am extremely attached to the present members of hw,as a group.
i would welcome any previous members back into the fold,but would be loathe
to see anyone leave.
so,as it turns out, max, we basically agree on something after all! ;)

i could not agree with your sum-it-all-up sentence  more.      rj