HW - The REAL Hawks

Chris Raymond chrisr at TIAC.NET
Sun Dec 29 06:22:53 EST 1996

Hello, having seen Nik Turner only once, but seeing Hawkwind 15 times,
I am probably not being objective, but it seemed like Nik was in a
Hawkwind cover band and not the real thing. I really liked him live a
lot, but something was missing(Dave Brock).
  I have also had the opportunity to catch a band from Cleveland that
was doing Hawkwind covers, they were called Sun Machine. In my opinion,
this was much more satisfying for me. As far as Nik Turner goes, I would
rather not hear him doing his interpetations of Hawkwind songs as much
as he has the right to I guess.
Patiently we wait for Live '74
Chris