BOC: Oysters in Utica.

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Dec 30 10:07:44 EST 1996

> From:          John A Swartz <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG>

> >[BTW, John, I know you're going to
> >tell me to look at the FAQ, but what is the name of the song that
> >plays while the band is taking the stage and getting their
> >instruments ready?  Kinda techno-sounding, very string based.  It's
> >cooler than shit.  Is it available anywhere?]
>
> Ah, they're still using the end titles from Vangelis' _Blade Runner_
> soundtrack, are they?
>

> Yeah, and believe it or not, this ain't in the FAQ - time for another
> last-minute addition!!

I don't know how you will be able to do this, but it would be cool to
have a list of all the opening music they've used over the span of
various tours.  Maybe Albert can help us with this one?  I know that
the infamous Worcester concert [why in the fuck am I bringing this
up?  I must be nuts!] has a snip from the intro just before the guy
announces them.  And I'm pretty sure it isn't the current tune.  For
a while they had this really annoying automated thing that seemed to
generate random tones off and on, and it drove the crowd nuts.  And
then some kinda Wagnerian orchestra thing with a 'Ride of the
Wulkeries' feel to it.  The current one has been used in the past...
theo