OFF: The REAL Floyd

Max Wilcox s333271 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Sun Dec 29 23:29:47 EST 1996

Jon Browne wrote:

> In message <32C70F85.6A6B at student.uq.edu.au>, Max Wilcox
> <s333271 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU> writes
> >
> >        This is uterly off topic, but I feel that I have to chime in here. Do
> >you realy think Floyd would have gone much further if Syd had stayed
> >with them as the front man (front thing?)?.
>
> Do you mean having a loopy Syd or (in another world) a functioning Syd?
> Obvoiusly they couldn't and didn't continue with Syd because of his
> condition but if he'd been OK then why on Earth shouldn't he have
> stayed? It *was* his band, man!

           Well, this is true. But, I realy don't believe they would
have progressed even if Syd had stayed on the planet. I mean, if you
look at all of his solo stuff, while being darn fantastic, it realy
doesn't hint at bigger and better things. But, ofcourse, this could be
because he was already gone when he did them...

-Max Wilcox