HW: 2 compilation tape projects

Martyn Lawrence martynl at FUJITSU.COM.AU
Thu Feb 1 11:19:02 EST 1996

> Recent discussions on the list have given me an idea for a 2nd comp. tape
> that might be enjoyable for HW buffs (the 1st is reprised below -  a gentle
> reminder, Mike).   It would be a "blooper" tape  that could be called
> "Hawkwind Hiccups - Don't Let Dave Catch You With This."  We've got the
> Reading 86 "Choose Your Masks" and various Hawklords power failure tunes.
>   I'm sure Bernhard and FoFP can come up with others.   This would be the
> equivalent of stamp misprints to stamp collectors.  All the more enjoyable
> for their flaws and rarity.   This would be a hard core kollektable that
> list members could brag about.  The 1st project is the rare "live only "
> tracks that has been mentioned before.
>
> Rudy

        Well as far as mistakes go,there are a few others that I have on tape:-

        Stonehenge 83 : intro/coded languages

        Harvey's microphone "drooped" when he starts the begining of coded and
        actually says "it drooped chaps it drooped I do admit it".

        Stonehenge 84 : 2nd show Spirit of the age

        Nik recites something else cant remember what song though.

        Slough 84 :     Space chase

        They play the song and it doesn't sound too good,Nik replies something
        about the first time they have played it in a while.

        Slough 84 (earth Ritual) : lots

        It was the first gig on the tour and they didn't get it together
        social alliance and brainstorm sound pretty bad,they gig did have
        one redeeming aspect though,they did play green finned demon,but
        then dropped it until 93?.The tape also has Rick Martinez (drums)
        on it ,he got kicked off the tour and was replaced by Clive Deamer.

        I'll have to check my tapes ,there are probably a lot more.

        regards

        Marty