CBS news last night

Scott Heller (617) 724-7762 HELLERS at A1.MGH.HARVARD.EDU
Thu Feb 1 08:13:00 EST 1996

       Did any of you see the CBS evening news with Dan Rather? They did a
       story on FAT. This new hormone called Leptin which causes mice to lose
       weight when they are obese (it works at a brain center to tell them
       they are not hungry and they decrease their food intake). Anyway, they
       showed me for a brief second at the lab bench and then showed my hand
       some plasma membranes to look at the receptor for another hormone in
       the news called GLP-1. Anyway, I thought it was pretty wierd. They
       were interviewing my boss at the Harvard med School and then came to
       the lab and filmed a bit of us. they didn't use the interview with
       him, but the film of me working......  (I was the guy with the dark
       pony tail in a purple shirt)  Not likely anyone remembers anymore
       anyway....

       Scott

       ObCassette: Hawkwind- Uxbridge 11/24/78

       Sorry for the waste of bandwidth.....