BS: tBS Radio cuts

Thu Feb 1 12:48:42 EST 1996

Well, I'm starting to post far to much for one day, but I also have
thought about what Brain Surgeons' songs could/should be played ont
the radio these days:

Let's start with *Trepanation* since it's most current -- "Gimme Nothin'"
would translate very well to radio stations playing alot of the current
music, but my pick from this album has to be "My Civilization".  It's
just so heavy.  The only potential negative is that this song doesn't
showcase Deb's vocal talent -- I don't mean to imply that there's anything
wrong with Albert's vocal (because there isn't, and I really like his
vocals on this song), but since Deb handles most of the lead vocals in
the band, you definitely want radio stations to also play songs which
will feature her vocals.  "Medusa", "Sally", and "A Kiss is a Promise"
would all be good candidates.

>From *Eponymous*, "Language of Love" is a good song, but doesn't leave
a new listener with a good understanding of the Brain Surgeons' over-
all musical style.  The Brain Surgeons aren't mellow (for the most
part) - they rock!  With that in mind, either my all-time favorite
"Name Your Monster" or Carl's all-time favorite "Time Will Take Care
of You" fit the bill - also "The Most Romantic Place in the World"
and "Soul Jive" are excellent (and feature some really cool bass -
which seems to be much more a key element in modern rock than in
the 70's and 80's -- I'm not particularly into the Red Hot Chilli
Peppers, but the stuff that Flea adds to their sound with his bass
work is amazing).

One more word about "My Civilization" -- it's already been pre-edited
for media consumption!  ;-)  (who gives a flying *duck* . . .)

John