BS: tBS Radio cuts

BRIAN THOMAS HALLIGAN halligbt at BIGVAX.ALFRED.EDU
Thu Feb 1 13:48:13 EST 1996

radio show- 210 watts of Rock 'N' Roll, but I've been playing tBS since
Eponomous came out.  The tunes I play most often are "Medusa", "My
Civilization", "666..." and "Language of Love".  At one time or another
I've played almost every song though.  Even though I say something about
the band almost every time I play them, I've gotten little response.  On
the up side, what response I've gotten has been positive.  I'm currently
bugging my station to sponsor a BS show as part of a "2 Buck Band" night
that were starting this Friday.  Hopefully, the station management will be
bright enough to give them a try.  I've already told them I'd handle the
promotion myself.
        I think at this stage the shows get you the most new fans.  Once you're
known on the tour circuit, the radio stations are bound to pick you up and
increase your fan base even more.  I think that the Surgeons are right on
the boundary now.  Any magazine coverage at this point my just put them over
the edge and give them the boost they need.

Brian