Noise/Hype

Maxine Wesley mxw at DMU.AC.UK
Fri Feb 2 05:45:29 EST 1996

sorry I cut'n'pasted from digest mode so I don't know who said:

> Ah but look on the positive side of this. Firstly Jim Davidson
> (or more likely his gag writer) has heard OF Hawkwind, who let's
> face it are pretty obscure for a band that's been around for 25+
> years.

I used to believe that too, that they were obscure.. but unfortunately
this sort of constant reference to HW indicates that it's not obscurity
but that they are merely viewed by the public with distaste.

> And maybe, just maybe, some kid browsing in a record store
> will see the name and make a spontaneous purchase just because
> they've heard of the band.

...and if they heard of the band from some middle aged spread lump of lard
features they are _bound_ to dash out and get it.. :(

Maxine

  The night shall be filled with music
  And the cares that infest the day            mxw at dmu.ac.uk
  Shall fold their tents like the Arabs        http://www.dmu.ac.uk/~mxw/
  And as silently steal away.                  Honda CB250 RS
                    H.W. Longfellow