No subject

M Holmes fofp at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Fri Feb 2 06:26:49 EST 1996

Maxine Wesley writes:

> I remember who said this one... Mike Holmes said:
>
> > don't know what happened after that. It was the worst Hawkwind gig I've
> > ever been at and the only one I left.
>
> This is not only illegal but a sure hanging offence. ;)

I wasn't quite myself that evening. Prolly something I ate.

Also I after the excellent tour in '82, I was disappointed by Nik's
behaviour in turning the band into what someone described as a "Space
Circus". Seeing them argue and fight on stage about what to play next
just didn't seem as interesting as going for a wander down to look at
the Stones at that time. I'm pretty sure they came back on later since I
could hear them blasting out "Spirit of the Age" just after Sol rose
over the Heelstone. They sounded a lot better at that point.

> Maxine

FoFP