BOC-L Digest - 31 Jan 1996 -Digest Mode On

Fri Feb 2 09:03:03 EST 1996

Andy writes:

>DR said something recently on his AOL folder about "not giving Columbia more
than they had to" circa _CN_.  I quote:

This is interesting, and I might want to put this info in a future revision
of the FAQ (although I'm going to wait until I'm sure that BOC and Sony
have nothing to do with eachother as far as new albums go before that
goes into the FAQ - it would be my dumb luck that someone from Sony would
read the FAQ and decide to cancel work on a future BOC box set).

Andy also says:

> I always think of
_C. erectus_ as being an album with absolutely no crap, but lacking that
"killer" track that would make it classic.

Perhaps this goes back to better support from Columbia?  In retrospect,
it would seem to me that songs like "Black Blade" or "Lips in the Hills"
could have made killer singles -- "The Marshall Plan" is an o.k. song,
but never seemed to me to be something that would appeal to the masses.
How about "Divine Wind"?  Hey, with all the anti-Iran sentiment in this
country at the time, this could have become the national anthem!  Well,
maybe not . . .

John