BOC-L Digest - 31 Jan 1996 -Digest Mode On

Andy Gilham AndyGilham at AOL.COM
Fri Feb 2 10:20:10 EST 1996

John said, re CE:

>Perhaps this goes back to better support from Columbia?  In retrospect,
>it would seem to me that songs like "Black Blade" or "Lips in the Hills"
>could have made killer singles -- "The Marshall Plan" is an o.k. song,
>but never seemed to me to be something that would appeal to the masses.
>How about "Divine Wind"?  Hey, with all the anti-Iran sentiment in this
>country at the time, this could have become the national anthem!  Well,
>maybe not . . .

"Fallen Angel" was the single, wasn't it, with "Lips" on the flip?  Though it
was "Lips" that spent several weeks in the _Sounds_ Heavy Metal chart.
 "Hungry Boys" was always one of my faves, plus "Monsters" of course (any
song about mutiny and gang rape in hyperspace is off to a good start already
:)...  but I liked BOC, at least in part, *because* they were never going to
"appeal to the masses"!

- Andy