BOC-L Digest - 31 Jan 1996 to 1 Feb 1996/Snowman?

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHIWAS01.WASHINGTON.MM2.SHL.COM
Sat Feb 3 13:35:00 EST 1996

Snowman writes:

>It 'feels' so much 'larger' in relative scale to the other recordings.
>I would give a variety of essential body parts to hear the original
>band perform it amongst themselves, without 'guest musicians'.
>But I suppose this is a topic long since worn out.  Just had to
>plop myself into position... =)

Not sure it would be the same with five guys trying to play so much music.
 They would have to have a lot of tape in the background.  I'd prefer to see
it as well as hear it.  Like Hawkwinds Chronicles put it on stage.  The
other part of the equation is that Al would have top be part of the picture
to make this work.

>Was this the tour with Jeff Beck opening the show?  I saw that
>concert up here, fifth row.  I'm a big fan of Carlos', but on this
>particular night, Jeff totally dusted Carlos.

July 31, 1995, opposite results.  Bigger Beck fan the Carlos (only slightly
though) but Carlos dusted Beck down here.

>I am also an enormous Jeff Beck fan, but he did not open for Carlos
>at the Gorge (summer of 1994).  THAT would have been one hell of a
>show!

Bummer.  Best show of the summer.  One drawback was that Beck opened and
Carlos invited Jeff to join him.  Beck wouldn't for some reason.  Though at
the second (8/1) show local boy Nils Lofgren jammed with Carlos.  Always go
to the second show.

"Spread the Disease"

AB