BOC-L Digest - 2 Feb 1996 - Special issue/Kiss & CE

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHIWAS01.WASHINGTON.MM2.SHL.COM
Sat Feb 3 16:05:00 EST 1996

Brenda also adds regarding CE:

>It has "Black Blade" and "The Marshall Plan" on it. And "Unknown Tongue". I
can't listen to many of the other songs.

>My favorites are "Black Blade", "Monsters", "Divine Wind", and "Lips in
>the Hills".

>John
Scarry though for you John, you just named 4 out of 5 of my top choices from
CE.  Just add Unknown Tongue.

>I shouldn't jump into this discussion since it's off-topic, but what
>the hell.  I'm seriously considering checking this tour out if it
>happens -- KISS was the first band I ever got into (there - I said it -
>hey, I was in Jr. High from '76-'78, when KISS was at its peak, and the
>first concert I ever saw was the "Love Gun"/"Alive II" tour -- which
>I hear is the stage set they plan on using for the reunion).  It might
>be some nostalgic fun to re-live those lost days of my youth ("Flaming
>youth - will set the world on fire . . .").

Just Jr. High.  Geez I'm really feeling geezerly.  Saw Kiss Alive I as a
high scholl Sr. or Jr.  (alzheimer and all).  I'd like to see this too
especially if they played all of those classic oldies Destoyer on back.

>Manuel adds:

>Buck could STILL blow Ace off the stage anyday!!!!!

>Buck's one of the best, but Ace is no slouch - no matter what you might
>think of KISS, Ace Frehley is one helluva guitarist (smoke or no smoke).
>John

Well a good guitarist and probably capable of hanging with most of todays
good ones, but Ace is not in the class occuppied Buck and some others.
 Still Ace is a lot better than most people give him credit for (ok ok I
really rode on Ace in the past but that was with Kiss, some of his solo work
shows some pretty good skill).  So can we stop the Buck comparisons people,
I mean how many guitarist can you actually put in Buck's class, not many
I'll wager.

As for hearing Lips in the Hills live I got to hear that one in Oct 95 and
it was great, albeit a bit short.  Now if only I can convice Eyes to play
Subhuman I'll only have about 10 songs left on my live wish list.  Monsters,
Perfect Water, Vera Gemini (oops BS request sorry), Teen Archer, The Vigil,
Veterans..............