All the Aces

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Sun Feb 4 00:25:48 EST 1996

Not sure I agree there, Carl. I think Lemmy would have left
soon anyway. It's obvious that the style of music he prefers is
plain ol' (Motorhead-style) rock 'n' roll. I think eventually
he would have split with the band because they wouldn't go that
way.

BTW, my friend Janiss reports this time that Lemmy did
blaspheme - "Hawkwind really went downhill after my departure."
Could Lemmy be so self-centered?? I'm disappointed, I thought
Lemmy had more class than that. Sure, this quote doesn't
exactly indicate that he meant he was the only/major reason,
but I get that feeling. Sure, his absense was a major factor
for their change in direction, but there were probably plenty
of other reasons... (Turner, record label, other line-up
changes, I'm sure Brock wanted to do something different.)

Chuck