HW reissues latest (LONG)

David Jones david at MASTMOOR.DEMON.CO.UK
Sun Feb 4 06:34:45 EST 1996

Hi Jon,

> Spilling out of my fax machine even as we speak....

..cut for reasons of brevity

Thanks very much for posting this Jon -

This looks like as good a job as we could reasonably expact EMI to do,
particularly if they remix it from the original masters. Possibly the only
thing that looks doubtful is using Paul Cobbold to engineer it, to my ears
the old stuff already has a better sound than he managed on the last couple
of studio albums.  I like that solid wedge of the rythm section on Space
Ritual, it was a major factor in getting me into the band in the first
place.

Still it looks like its time to sell the children to buy this lot.

It would be interesting to see what kind of sales EMI think they will get,
its not like remastering Led Zeppelin or The Beatles, much as I love these
albums I dont think they are exactly going to be subject to in depth
discussion in the Sunday supplements - still you never know.

Getting excited already

David