All the Aces

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Sun Feb 4 13:41:25 EST 1996

>     I've often wondered what 'Ace of Spades' would sound like if it
>    was done by Hawkwind, rather than Motorhead. I do prefer Hawkwind's
>    version of 'Motorhead' and as I think it says in the Acid Daze
>    liner notes "this is how it is supposed to be played".

        Ah, but that's the Motorhead/Valium 10 version ... the original
Hawkwind Motorhead was the Kings of Speed B-side and now resides as the
last track of the Warriors CD ... very strange, but cool.  Overall,
though I like the HW Brock vocal Motorhead best too.

        On the other hand the On Parole Motorhead as the cool motorbike
sounds at the start, and the studio track from the first released Motorhead
album has that unspeakble guitar screeching towards the end, which is
quite good ...

        Ah ... so much thunderous music, so few eardrums ....

Cheers,
Carl