2/2 BOC Gig - Seattle On Flame!

Douglas A. Mitchell DMitchIssy at AOL.COM
Mon Feb 5 02:06:28 EST 1996

Subject:        Seattle On Flame! With Rock & Roll...
From:   dmitchissy at aol.com (DMitchIssy)
Date:   3 Feb 1996 06:48:06 -0500

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT
it couldn't get any better than last night,
The Boys brought it all to the Firehouse on Friday...

Thursday's set list was an almost exact match to
the setlist RobReich posted for the New Year's Eve
show down South in California, with the only difference
being the absence of ME 262, and the addition of The
Red & The Black as a second encore.  I'm sure they
would have given the second encore if the power hadn't
gone out...

Friday found me face to face with Ed & Anita, exactly as
they described themselves, with Ed tall & sporting Buck's
fine Flat Out T-shirt, and Anita smiling as promised... =)

The setlist for Friday night took some excellent turns for
the better, or at least I got to hear what I hoped they'd add
to what they had already played on Thursday...

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 1st - The Ballard Firehouse.

Stairway To The Stars.
Dr. Music.
O.D.'d On Life Itself.
E.T.I.
Harvest Moon. <--- Audience confused until 'middle part'...
Before The Kiss (a redcap).
I'd Like To See You In Black. <--- Great Live Tune!
Joan Crawford.
Flaming Telepaths.
Cities On Flame.
Then Came The Last Days Of May.<--- Eric mentioned my request!
In Thee.
Lips In The Hills.
Burnin' For You.
Godzilla. <--- Danny & John solo here...
Don't Fear The Reaper.
--------------------------------
1st: Dominance & Submission.
2nd:  The Red & The Black.

The only conspicuous absence from the 12/31/95 setlist is ME 262,
but I did see Woody bring out the 'tapes' of effects for certain songs,
and ME was among them...

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 2nd - The Ballard Firehouse.

Repeat Thursday Setlist up to Cities On Flame...

Instead Of 'Last Days', they performed an excellent 'Astronomy'.
Then the electric/acoustic version of 'In Thee'.
Then, instead of Lips, ME 262!
The Big Three (BFY, GZ, DFTR).
1st:  Lips In The Hills.
2nd:  Dominance & Submission. <--- I got to sing!
3rd:  The Red & The Black.

Excellent audience participation tonight.  The place was packed,
and a few 'overloaded' fans had to take in some cool night air.
I just kept moving up...

If it's any consolation, I could see Eric's eye's through the whole show
(backlighting), and he was looking right down into the audience during
the entire show.  He's in fine form, but is beginning to look a bit
tired...

More later, on one really cool event...

The Snowman.                                         _?_
<dmitchissy at aol.com>                              I

Douglas A. Mitchell              World Snow T-shirts always available!
290 S.E. Bush Street               Visit the World Snow Virtual Store:
Issaquah, Washington 98027      http://www.goski.com/wsnow.htm
(206) 557-6654 bus.        Call Toll Free to order World Snow goods!
(800) 356-2956 ---------(Visa/MC ok!)----------> Dial: 1-800-FLO-BYLO