HW: '81 gig dates

M Holmes fofp at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Mon Feb 5 12:03:56 EST 1996

J Strobridge writes:

> Mike and Bernard discuss '81 dates:

> > > Are these the right dates??
> > >

> > > STONEHENGE     20.06.1981
> > > GLASTONBURY   21.06.1981
>

> > I think it was 21st and 22nd. I'm fairly sure Stonhenge gig was on the
> > Solstice.
> >

> Curiously I've got a Glastonbury CND Festival tape that's dated
> 20 June 1981  -  is that not the date on the official CND tape as well??
>
> Actually, now I come to look, all the other tapelists I've got have this
> date too.....  8-?
>
> Are you *sure* you didn't cycle from Glastonbury to Stonehenge?   The
> 21st June 1981 was a Sunday, if that helps.   Would you not have been
> heading back to work in time for Monday?

I hadn't started working yet. I was at Stonehenge while Graduating "In
Absentia". But yeah, we were at Glastonbury on the Sunday night. I have
a strong memory of that because it's the last time I made love with a
certain young lady.

So since we cycled from Stonehenge to Glastonbury, I guess that makes it
Stonehenge on the 19th and Glastonbury on the 20th.

FoFP