HW: help identifying tape 11/5/80

Bernhard Pospiech b.pospiech at POP.RUHR.DE
Tue Feb 6 10:59:48 EST 1996

Hello

>       My question is, is Treforest Town Hall some alternate name for
>       St.Albans?  Or were any other shows from the same tour (that have
>       the same set list) in some venue in or near St.Albans?  If
>       Treforest has nothing to do with St.Albans, I still need to
>       identify whether this tape is really the Treforest 11/5/80 show, or
>       a different one from the same period/tour.

A very difficult question. I am also looking for the right answer.

What I know for sure is:

- the tapes from ST.ALBANS and TREFOREST are absolute identical
- TREFOREST never appeared on advertisments for the 1980 tour
- ST ALBANS appeared on advertisments for the 1980 tour
- I have the TREFOREST tape (and venue) from ADRIAN PARR
- but his TREFOREST tape was identical to my ST ALBANS tape!!

ADRIAN PARR has listed this TREFOREST tape on 07.11.1980. But this can't be
right because HAWKWIND do not play DANGEROUS VISION on this tape, but in
CHELMSFORD the night before and in DONCASTER 3 days later the played this track.

Bernhard