Important! BOC Lyric Copyrights and the WWW, FTP

Rob Maerz ROBODUDE at AOL.COM
Wed Feb 7 11:35:43 EST 1996

hi there...I abhor being the messenger of such news...I recall this happened
to a fellow on the list that had a Hawkwind Site w/ lyrics on it...I have 2
messages from El Presidente Bolle Gregmar to share with you:

Subj:   Lyrics
Date:   96-02-06 05:51:55 EST
From:   TUBULAR 1
To:     ROBODUDE

Hey Robo,

Just got some disturbing news in regards to the Lyrics that you are posting
them on the WWW???
This is not an OK issue at all. There are many laws you are breaking by
posting them, but the main issue of course is the copyright problems I will
face from Warner Bros. seeing how stiff they are on such subjects.
If you are in deed posting them. Please remove them with the excuse that you
are not allowed to post copyright material without proper licensing (Which
runs somewhere around $200 per song I think...) Not sure, it all depends on
the individual owner of the written works.
Please get back to me on this and let me know the reality of the rumours I
heard....
BOLLE_!_?

ok, now anyone that has visited the Underbelly knows that there aren't any
lyrics posted there...I may be violating copyrights of the articles I post
there, but hey - isn't it the same concept if I were to rip an article about
BOC out of a magazine and show it to my friends?  I'm not even making money
on the Web site, nor am I selling advertising space...

the site that has the lyrics is the BOC-L ftp site...I even asked if the
TABLATURE was in violation with copyrights and Bolle said it was...

read on:

Subj:   Re: Lyrics