HW: Lemmy interview

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Wed Feb 7 21:00:28 EST 1996

On  7-FEB-1996 09:33:59.4 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >Here's a message Jeremy Dacomb posted to the list a while back.  However
   >he didn't get any replies so he's asked me to resend it just in case
   >anyone can help!
   >thanks all
   >jill

I don't know about that, but I have here an interview (or at least a clip of
an interview) w/Lemmy where he mentions HW, but I just noticed that he says
it's 16 years after he formed MH, so it obviously couldn't be from '79. I
think it's from some box set or CD of rare tracks (such as Godzilla Akimbo,
Hump On Your Back, Hootchie Cootchie Man, Dirty Love). I only have a dubbing
of this, that's why I'm not sure. But I will type this
out here for the interest of HW fans...

"I got fired from Hawkwind. You know actually, HW was very similar to
Motorhead. If you listen inside HW, there's a 3-piece rock band. You got all
this dilelee and toot-toot on the top, but inside there's a rock band, a
3-piece rock 'n' roll band. I just wanted to be the MC5 really, I wanted to
have a singer and two guitarists in the beginning. And then of course the
singer gave it up and one of the guitarists couldn't get along with the
other one; "It's MY solo", "No it's MINE", you know guitar players, so I
ended up having to do the singing, ya know...Jesus...so we just ended up being
a 3-piece. Everything in life is accidents, ya know what I mean? The whole
thing. If you think about it, the only important parts of your life is an
accident and everything that you plan is shit..."

Always count on an interesting interview from the Lemmer, eh? HW a 3-piece
rock 'n' roll band?? Not quite!

Chuck
`[1;36;45mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive