B. O'Cult Songs

Rocker22 at AOL.COM Rocker22 at AOL.COM
Thu Feb 8 14:39:56 EST 1996

>>And the copyright holder on (most) BOC songs appears to be B. O'Cult Songs,
>>Inc...  which raises the question, who exactly owns B. O'Cult Songs?
>>
>>- Andy
>>

>according to Bolle, Warner Bros does...I thought Sony owned the rights and
>that Sony and WB were entirely 2 different companies
>
>ROBO

Hmmm...

This raises a question in my mind.  I have seen Al post (on more than one
occasion) that he is still owed money by BOC.  My impression was that the
monies due him related to songs and publishing.  I will profess that I don't
know that much about the music biz, but it seems to me that if Al is owed $'s
for songs, the $'s should be paid to him by B. O'Cult Songs (which is owned
by Sony (according to Deb), not BOC).

So, is this right?  Does the band not really owe Al money, but Sony does?  Or
am I confused (again)?  Or is there more to this whole issue than just the
songs?  And just how did Sony get B. O'Cult Songs?  Did the band have to sign
away their songrights when they signed originally in the early 70's?

Al?  (Assuming you feel like talking about this ... again)

R.