BOC-L Digest - Eatables

John McIntyre MCINTYRE at PA.MSU.EDU
Thu Feb 8 15:30:28 EST 1996

>From: "BREVARD Adrian R." <ABrevard at SHIWAS01.WASHINGTON.MM2.SHL.COM>
>>Is there a CD out with Uncle Nik entitled "Warrior on the Edge of Time"?

>Well Joe I'm pretty sure that is the title and it does say Nik Turner not
>Hawkwind.  Saw it in a store called Convergence Records (they advertise the
>Ozric Tentacles collection as the best in the area).  Will double check for
>sure cause I got some off line responses on this and everyone seems pretty
>confused on the title.

I'm guessing, but I think the disc in question might be _Nik Turner &
Travellers Of Space_.  It's a Cleopatra "promo only" CD with cuts from
some of Cleopatra's spacier bands such as Nik Turner, Spiral Realms,
Melting Euphoria, etc.  It's a nice collection, but all the cuts are
available on other discs.  Repeat: *NO* otherwise unavailable cuts.

While I'm here, I'll do some Shameless (and Useless) Self-Promotion.
It seems the Odeon Theatre (Lansing's art film house) liked my soundtrack
for _The Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari_ last October.  They've asked me to do
two more films.  So March 18 I'll be doing _A Fool There Was_ from 1915
with Theda Bara as a vampire and in October I'll be doing Carl Dreyer's
1919 _Leaves From Satan's Book_.  Wish me luck. (-8

John McIntyre
Physics - Astronomy Domine Dept
Michigan State University
mcintyre at pa.msu.edu