I'd Like to See You in Black

Michael Seher mseher at ULTRAVOX.EAST.SUN.COM
Fri Feb 9 13:41:06 EST 1996

        ...in multiple discussions before...
joel> Am I the only one who doesn't like "I like you in black"?
joel> Just wondering.

?> ...you're not alone. When I heard it in London I couldn't see
?> what all the fuss was about: bad attack of the record-stick syndrome,
?> thought I. But that's the only time I've heard it, and it maybe sounds
?> better a bit more, er, refined.. I know I couldn't tell you the tune,
?> and I only remember one line, can you guess which one?

bryan> I'd like it a lot better if they removed (and this may be the line
bryan> you're remembering)

bryan> "It makes me think your husband is dead"

        I don't think that's the line he's referring to.  That line is
key to the song anyway.  I mean, it's meant to be a "positive" song
about a friend(or maybe someone closer than that) getting out from under
the hand(s) of an abusive relationship.

        ...and am I the only one who still doesn't like the remake of
"Astronomy" on _Imaginos_?  *gak*  I shut off the CD player during it
the first time it was playing.

I came here willingly
And I will go down valiantly
"The Golden Age of Leather"