HW: Richmond 1972

Jon Browne Jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Feb 9 06:17:10 EST 1996

In your message dated Thursday 8, February 1996 you wrote :
> I've got this Hawkwind tape, credited only 'Richmond 1972'.
> >From the Hawkwind gig-list I learned they didn't do any gigs in
> the US in 1972, so that leaves only London-Richmond I guess.
> Does anyone know what the correct date is? The titles I was
> given were merely 'Paranoia' and 'Improvisation'. It's said to
> have been a 'free festival'.
>
> Jerry van Kooten
> jvkooten at pi.net
Hi Jerry,

       It was indeed Richmond, (Outer) London. Which is where I'm writing from.
Somewhere I've a couple of photos, one of which is a naked Calvert strutting his
funky stuff. I'm not sure what the date was, though. It was in the park at the
top of the hill, as far as I recall it was just a one-dayer not a festival as
such and there's never been any gigs in the park since, which is a shame coz
it's a great park (about 30,000 acres) and it's well worth a visit around Autumn
when the fungus starts appearing ;->

--
Jon Browne                     They Walk Among Us.
      http://www.demon.co.uk/comicshop/