Imaginos remakes and outtakes

Stephen Swann swann at PHANTOM.COM
Fri Feb 9 14:43:25 EST 1996

Michael Seher writes:

>         I don't think that's the line he's referring to.  That line is
> key to the song anyway.  I mean, it's meant to be a "positive" song
> about a friend(or maybe someone closer than that) getting out from under
> the hand(s) of an abusive relationship.
>
>         ...and am I the only one who still doesn't like the remake of
> "Astronomy" on _Imaginos_?  *gak*  I shut off the CD player during it
> the first time it was playing.

Nope.  :-)  _Imaginos_ is one of my favorite albums, and the _Secret
Treaties_ "Astronomy" is one of my favorite songs, but somehow the
remake just doesn't do it for me.

On the other hand, I love "Blue Oyster Cult", nee "Subhuman", and the
remake of "Gil Blanco County", which got left off the album, is to die
for - I think it's easily better than "Astronomy" or "Del Rio's Song".
I suspect Pearlman probably excluded it because the album was already
too long for vinyl, and the others were more central to the storyline,
but DAMN, nobody can follow the storyline anyway!  ;-)

I occasionally harrass Al about "Gil Blanco County", in the hopes that
he'll sneak it (maybe along with "The Girl That Love Made Blind", the
other outtake that I know of) onto an album someday.  :-)

        It rained so hard
        Said Injun Joe
        (he knows everything, you know)
        That it should wash